Thursday, October 28, 2010

A little about me

A lot of things on this blog will probably be religious. My bias will obviously be from a Mormon background, but I'm not going to represent my faith (necessarily) because maybe some of the things I put would offend them or are "false doctrine" (i dont know what im going to say that would fall under that category). Just remember that this is about thoughts and ideas. I'm not preaching for or against anything, just stating my views.

I think I am just a natural thinker and have now come to the conclusion that this is why I like school. I don't like doing school work, and I don't like being in class with annoying college kids. I do however, like to think and learn. A lot of my blogs are philosophical and maybe slightly poetic in nature. They aren't a whole lot like the normal journal entries. I've noticed that my ones that are, I am ashamed of and think "wow I was a really dumb kid back then" and the ones that are more thought provoking, I still agree with and can stand reading over.

I think it is hard to know the nature of human beings, and the reason why it interests me so, is because I still am trying to understand myself. The religious aspect is important on my philosophical views because religion states an ethical code of values that people of that faith adhere to and when they do not, have a sense of guilt. Also, philosophy is almost a search for truth and understanding, where faith claims to know truth. Though I have my faith and beliefs that effect the way I think about things, I feel it is important to know of other people's beliefs- not only to seek understanding and harmony with others, but to seek universal truth. (The truths that faiths believe... kinda weird concept... sorry if I am not making any sense) The reason for this is to show where we are more alike than different... unifying the world instead of agitating it? Yes yes.

That was all in case you were wondering... or annoyed with the copious amount of religious content in my so called "philosophy" blog

No comments: